“In Him we live and move and have our being…….we are His offspring” ( Acts 17:23)
Lately, I have been thinking about my inheritance Reading about the daughters of Zelophehad and their request for their father’s share of land made me ponder about my eternal inheritance. What does the scriptures say about my (our) inheritance? I found that “In Him” was repeatedly associated with my (our) inheritance as a believer(s). The scriptures tell us that we have an inheritance in Christ if we put our faith in Him.
In Him we
· Shall not perish but have everlasting life.
· Have every spiritual blessing.
· Have redemption and forgiveness through His shed blood on the cross.
· Have perfect (complete) love.
· Have boldness and access with confidence.
· Have His Holy Spirit.
In Him we are
· Adopted daughters and sons of the highest King.
· Lavished with all wisdom and understanding.
· Made righteous, not having a righteousness of our own but that which comes through faith in Christ.
· Deeply rooted, built up and strengthened.
· Overflowing with thankfulness.
· Confident and unashamed.
· Made pure.
· Our sins are wiped away.
· Made alive.
· Holy and blameless.
· Accepted and loved.
· Strong in the Lord and have His power.
· Marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit as His prized possessions.
· Darkness passes and the true light shines.
· We can press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God.
· We can bring our petitions.
· Was life that was the light of men.
· We live and move and have our being.
· There is no darkness.
· We remain (abide).
In Him all things
· Hold together.
· Are possible.
· Are made new.
· Were created.
Lord, thank you for reminding me of my inheritance in Christ. Out of your great love, you paid the ultimate price on the cross that we might be saved and have a godly inheritance. Left to my own devices, no good dwells in me apart from Christ. You control all of my life events; my ways, thoughts, words, actions, intellect, responses etc. I am grateful for this reminder that you are enough, more than enough for me. May I daily open my gifts to see what you have done for me and with confidence claim the spiritual blessings that are mine in Christ Jesus.
If you haven’t put your trust in Him as your Lord and Savior, I invite you to do so and claim your inheritance today, don’t delay……He is waiting to give you the gift of salvation along with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies!!!
God holds your life and my life and all our ways in His hands (Daniel 5:23). A man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. (Jer. 10:23).